Members' Area >> Club Competition Rules
- Entries must not have been previously submitted in a Buxton Photographic Club competition (other than those used in the January DPI competition) and should be recent work.
- Minimum print size, unless otherwise stated, should be an area of 35 sq. ins. (219 sq. Cm.) visible print size. (i.e. without mount)
- Prints must be mounted & titled, with the author’s name printed on the back of the mount positioned to indicate top of the print. Mount size must be 40cm x 50cm (16in x 20in). Titles may be put on the front as part of the presentation but NOT the author's name. Labels templates are available on the website on the articles page in the members' area and can then be affixed to the back of prints.
- Maximum of 3 images per entrant. One as an Open print one as an Open digital JPEG image and one SET SUBJECT which must be a print. The digital copies of all images must be submitted via the website at least 8 days before the competition along with the names of all your images.
- Submissions must be made via the website by midday no later than 8 days prior to the competition, unless otherwise stated.
- Prints submitted in competitions may be trade or home processed & may be traditionally or digitally processed. All images should originate as solely the work of the author & should not contain any element of copied work from any other source, copyright free or not.
- Digital images must be resized in accordance with the instructions on the website, found on the articles page. This is basically a maximum 1920 x 1200 (where one of these dimension is hit whilst not exceeding the other) and can include a 2px wide border around the image (but within the 1920 x 1200 size limit).
- Entries not conforming to the theme of the particular competition, or failing with the general competition rules, will be eliminated.
- In the event of a tie, the entrant with the highest mark(s), in a countback, will be judged the winner. If a tie still results, the judge will be asked to select a winner and award points accordingly.
- Only entries from bona-fide paid up members of BPC are allowed.
Any infringement of the above rules will cause the entry to be rejected.
NOTES FOR COMPETITIONS
Each year there will be inter-club print and DPI competitions, therefore we would like from you copies of your best prints for possible selection. We require at least 20 prints to represent the club. Those selected will be retained by the Competition Secretary for use during the year. The club is likely to enter district competitions.
In all OPEN competitions subject matter is at the discretion of the photographer.
To upload your digital photo’s please select comp entry from the Member's Area menu: